Powerful Poetry

In English Language Arts we are currently learning about poetry. We read different poems and answered questions about them. We also found out that there are many different types and techniques of poetry. Different poets like to use different techniques and they develop a writing style. One technique is when a poet uses repetitive phrases, sentences, or even words. They repeat certain important pieces of the poem again and again to make that sentence or phrase noticeable.
This Poem shows an example of repetition:

Another Poetry technique is personification. When a poet uses personification they give human-like qualities to an inanimate object. They could say a tree sleeps for the long snowy winter. This gives the human-like quality of sleeping to an inanimate object such as a tree.

I love to read and write poems and I think it’s a great way to express yourself in a unique form of art. There are also many other styles of poetry but that’s just one of them. The key to writing poetry is to find your writing style and use it to make your poem different and unique.

Have fun writing your own poems and reading them too!

2 thoughts on “Powerful Poetry

1. Kirstyn,

This was an AMAZING post. I’m so glad to see that you love reading and writing so much. You’re so great at it. I hope you continue to work on it!

Just be careful posting other people’s work on your blog. You’re supposed to have permission to post their work.

Sincerely,
    Mr. Avery

• Dear Mr. Avery,
      I try to make my posts based on things I like and I defiantly do like reading and writing! Next time I will get permission to use their work!
      Kirstyn M. :mrgreen: